"Then let's look on the bright side: we're having an adventure. . . and most people live and die without being as lucky as we are"
-- The Princess Bride

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Oh My God YELP Events!! (A.K.A Guest post by Kris)

I am going to start this off by saying one thing, everyone should go to any Yelp event they are invited to.

Jessica and I went to a Yelp Tasting Event on Sunday and had an amazing time.  There were so many Yelpers and so many different things to taste.  There was the Cupcake Winery and distillery with their delicious red velvet red wine and their amazing chocolate vodka.  There were also numerous other distilleries around sampling mostly tequilas.  There were also a variety of breweries, most of which served beers I have already tried and enjoyed.  The people pouring our "tastes" of these things were not skimping on their pours.  We were getting full cups of beer to taste.

The alcohol was all great, but the food blew it all away!  I don't know which of the foods we tried was my favorite.  There were amazing tamales and mini-burgers, and more bbq than I could try.  Everyones favorite place of the night though had to be the bakeries.  My favorite was the bacon cupcake from Vanilla Bean Gourmet Cupcakes.  Jessica's favorite (after the bacon cupcake of course) was Fat Bottom Bakery's toasted coconut cupcake, I didn't get to try them though.  Entertainingly, the woman who owned Vanilla Bean said that she didn't actually like cupcakes and opened the store solely so she could share the bacon cupcakes with the world because she loved them so much!


But Yelp did not stop at food and drinks!  There were also activity booths for attendees to visit.  After a parkour demonstration, people could try out what they saw on some hefty mats without hurting themselves.  There were tea dancers and live music from local bands.  There was also a booth where you could dress up and take a "band" picture.  And lastly, a burlesque show with some interaction between the onstage woman and the crowd.

I think my favorite part of the night was the Homefry's area.  They put on game nights all over the Bay Area by offering games and other multi-person fun such as giant jenga, original NES games, giant connect four, and giant chess.  I played an epic game of jenga where the tower eventually got taller than me and it could barely be touched without swaying a few inches either way.


All in all it was an amazing night and I definitely sugest going to any Yelp event you get invited to because they are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment