"Then let's look on the bright side: we're having an adventure. . . and most people live and die without being as lucky as we are"
-- The Princess Bride

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"It's only a mile away, but it's a long mile"

After work today I headed over to Best Buy to pick up some replacement cheapy headphones.  I have been buying the same crappy Sony over the ear ones for about 6 years now and thought I might upgrade to something a little more advanced.  But instead I was drawn to the E-readers... After carrying around "We The Drowned" for the last month and a half, I realized that a small E-reader may have some benefits over 800 page tomes I only plan on reading once.  So I left with an impulse buy.

After returning home Kris and I realized that the only thing that finishes off a day better than a $200 purchase is dinner at one of your favorite restaurants.  So we drove over to Corso and were lucky enough to snag a spot up at the kitchen counter! We not only got to watch the food get made for the restaurant but also had a nice chat with our cook (I learned he was not the chef, wooooooo kitchen etiquette) and we had a great time.  The best part of the meal? Probably the appetizer special of scallops with a sweet olive oil sauce on a mixture of greens and some little noodle things.  Way more appetizing than I just made it sound.



Overall, I am extremely happy to have some company and finally start exploring Berkeley, even if it is a really long mile away from us.  South Berkeley is probably not where I want to stay forever but for now it is starting to feel a little less intimidating.

No comments:

Post a Comment