"Then let's look on the bright side: we're having an adventure. . . and most people live and die without being as lucky as we are"
-- The Princess Bride

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Do I really have to go?

Yesterday I realized that this Temp job is pretty much exactly what I would like my job to be.  Maybe not the receptionist part... but the people and the location are amazing.  Everyday at Peet's Coffee and Tea headquarters at least 4 people offer to make me a delicious coffee beverage of some kind.  Two days ago I had Kristina's fancy jellyfish foam art on my cappuccino, yesterday an amazing little heart from Brett.  Then to top it off a man came in and said there were whoopee pie samples from one of the vendors that he brought for the staff.  FRESH DELICIOUS WHOOPEE PIES!!!

After my two weeks are up I will be sad to leave and (a) have no more income, (b) have no more nice Peet's people.

Today, the same vendor (Raison d'Etre) dropped off round two of the delectable pies and some butterscotch swirl brownies.  I stashed away a pie for tomorrow's breakfast and have decided that if I was to continue working here I would probably balloon up to 300 pounds from all the sweets and have a serious coffee addiction.

1 comment:

  1. Keep working hard and make sure they remember what a good employee you are. There could be an opening later and they will recall how good you were

    ReplyDelete