"Then let's look on the bright side: we're having an adventure. . . and most people live and die without being as lucky as we are"
-- The Princess Bride

Monday, October 24, 2011

Popsicle Madness

I have gone frozen dessert crazy. For Reals.  Not only do I have 5 pints of Ben & Jerry's in my fridge, I have also been making popsicles with my birthday present from Kris nearly daily.  I understand that a diet consisting almost entirely of ice cream, popsicles, and coffee is not healthy.  This will not be a factor I consider while I continue to eat those three things.

*National Creamsicle Day is August 14!*

To the important part of this blog post, right?  Here is a list of the many popsicles I have made!
1) strawberry lemonade iced tea
2) orange creamsicle (batch one)
3) orange creamsicle (batch two with more vanilla!)
4) butterscotch cream with salted peanuts
5) straight butterscotch
6) orange
7) iced tea tops, orange bottoms
8) I have a bowl of cream mixture in my fridge and am thinking chocolate cream

The options are endless, the fun is fun (obviously), and the Jessica is pleased.

Side note: Kris and I have been watching A LOT of Star Trek, and I find myself wishing to make Star Trek inspired popsicles.  Like Picard Peach, LaForge Lemon, Watermelon Worf, Crusher Crushed Cherry Cream, and Tribble Chocolate Fluff.  I am not sure my lifestyle is awesome or incredibly depressing and so I will go with the first!


Any ideas for more flavors?

2 comments:

  1. Strawberry creamsicle! Fudgcicles! Root beer! Apple cider! Mojito! Peaches n cream! Mango chili (use mangos from TJ's)! Mocha!

    And there's this (potentially awful, maybe good) beauty I just found:
    Thanksgiving Pops: Place a can of pumpkin puree in a blender along with light brown sugar to taste, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, a touch of cloves and enough milk to make a pourable mixture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, so I made some Thai popsicles and they were tasty! Coconut milk, a little honey, and mango all pureed in the blender and then popsiclized! mmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete