"Then let's look on the bright side: we're having an adventure. . . and most people live and die without being as lucky as we are"
-- The Princess Bride

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Grown up birthday: no bounce house, no singing, all good times

My 23rd birthday has come and gone and in its place I have some fond fuzzy memories of the weekend to keep me happy until next October 14 rolls around.

Kris was awesome and created a surprise BBQ for me! Well almost a surprise, he told me two hours beforehand so we could go to Costco and get upwards of 200 dollars worth of meat and alcohol. What can I say, the boy knows how to throw a BBQ.

Many of my new and old friends showed up, coming from Tahoe, Albany, and the city, I imagine they all shared entertaining travel stories and a love of smoky tri-tip. Also I received some awesome gifts! Mostly wine, but one pint of super delicious Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk!

The night passed without problems and only one guest left looking a little worse for wear. The next morning in true Berbert fashion we had mimosas and went shopping at target!

The rest of the weekend is a blur of dancing, mimosas, hanging out with Alexis and Jaymi, more mimosas, tater tots, movies, and of course more mimosas.

Now I'm off to write thank you notes like the good little girl I am, watch my cat try to chase invisible enemies through the apartment, and drink some fresh ground Peets sumatra coffee (a gift!)

No comments:

Post a Comment