"Then let's look on the bright side: we're having an adventure. . . and most people live and die without being as lucky as we are"
-- The Princess Bride

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Berkeley is the best city ever: part deux

The weather has been less than cooperative, its glum and moody and keeping me from riding my BRAND NEW AWESOME BICYCLE. But, the city is still pretty cool.
Why you ask? Because Berkeley gives away a free helmet to all Berkeley residents! So I went and got mine and am now one step closer to biking my way around town.




EDIT 10/5/11:


I woke up feeling kind of gross and headachey for no reason. After falling asleep at 11 last night I was still unprepared to get out of bed at 10am, but I looked outside and it was blue skies and puffy clouds so I got up, ate a bowl of cocoa puffs, and hopped on my snazzy new ride!  5.2 miles in 30 minutes from here to Anthropologie and back.  I went on San Pablo for about 4 blocks on the way home and got to go SUPER FAST!!!! but the rest was a nice leisurely ride with lots of stop signs and slowing down for approaching cars.  


I got drizzled on about half the time, it was super fun though.

1 comment: