"Then let's look on the bright side: we're having an adventure. . . and most people live and die without being as lucky as we are"
-- The Princess Bride

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Intestinal Distress

Since Kris and I moved into the fabulous new apartment, we have been cooking up a storm! From lemon pasta to herb chicken with tortellinis, peach cobbler to chewy nutella cookies, we have been buying, cooking, frying, baking, mixing and sampling our way through the neighborhood grocery stores. 


Berkeley Bowl is my overall favorite, although I would need a full time job, a part time job, and probably a corner of my own if I wanted to buy all my groceries there on a regular basis.  But it is my fruity indulgence so I allow myself to go bananas in their produce section.  Target offers wonderful bang for our (fairly limited) bucks in frozen foods, meats and milk.

There are obviously many other options like Whole Foods (hippies), Andronico's (rich hippies and foodies), and the neighborhood Walgreen's (a place I only buy Ben & Jerry's).  But the one thing they all have in common is their incredible ability to give me a stomach ache.

I have been eating so well I feel like I need to be in one of the pepto commercials.  Nausea not included, I can even do the little dance!  So today I am going plain, I am having cereal, a pb&j sandwich, and hopefully mac n' cheese for dinner.  I have a wonderful kitchen with actual counter space, I could make a cake to look at and make a cake to eat and still have room to make a cake to take to work with me, but I think I need a break from it all to return to my crappy college diet for a little while.  Or just until my stomach calms down a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment