"Then let's look on the bright side: we're having an adventure. . . and most people live and die without being as lucky as we are"
-- The Princess Bride

Friday, March 23, 2012

Will the Planning Ever Cease?

I realized that I never even posted about our 4 year anniversary trip to SB!  I spent months getting it all ready and making sure that Kris was kept in the dark and then once it was finished my brain was so spent I just kept moving forward, planning for the France trip (one week away), and then after that, Kim is visiting, and after that I am sure something else will pop up that requires the artful balance of all my effort and not going bat-shit insane.

But to back track, Kris and I had our 4 year anniversary in February! Yeah for 1,461 days of liking each other (I added one for a leap year, I don't really know).  To celebrate, I rounded up a variety of college friends from two states, 4 different Californian cities and one meeting location and somehow managed to plan a 4 day wine tasting adventure with a pit stop in still crazy Isla Vista.  I did manage to forget to tell people it was for our ANNIVERSARY so everyone kept wishing him Happy Birthday, but whatever, one small thing, it was still awesome.


It was great, trying to pinpoint the best part is hard, but I think that just having our big, loud, crazy group of friends all together was the highlight.  I almost had El Sitio too, sadly it slipped out of my hands and onto the asphalt before I could take even a single bite.  But that is just one more reason we will have to plan more and go a Little crazy for another return to IV.







No comments:

Post a Comment