"Then let's look on the bright side: we're having an adventure. . . and most people live and die without being as lucky as we are"
-- The Princess Bride

Thursday, March 29, 2012

What A Week

This week has been busy and slow all at the same time. Between prepping our luggage for the upcoming trip (WE LEAVE IN TWO DAYS!!!!!), work, my Dad's eye surgery, and house stuff, I feel like I am simultaneously bored and overwhelmed.

But, right now, everything is dandy.  I am searching key french phrases so I am sure we wont (a) get lost, (b) be unable to pay the check, (c) accidentally feed Kris crustaceans, and drinking a giant cup of coffee.  This past evening was spent at a rollout in Walnut Creek; 9pm-5am was spent folding crewcuts and noting how tiny cardigans don't really serve a purpose. And I slept from 6:45-noon/until the kitten mewed so loud I thought her little kitty vocal chords were going to bust. Then after a vigorous face cleaning a la "langue de chaton" I called my parents and we discussed how life post macular hole surgery is going.

But with the bags all packed, the me all clean and filled with caffeine, the Kris at work, and the kitty asleep next to me on the couch, everything seems pretty excellent at this point in time! So I am going to spend a relaxing afternoon here and then let the excitement really kick in tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Qu'est-ce vous venez faire en Europe? Les temps font beaux maintenant et je me brulais en le soleil à Montmartre. Aujourd'hui, j'ai oublié le mot "l'addition" et m'assis au café pur une demi heure jusqu'à je l'ai me rappelé. Après ça, j'ai demandé l'addition au serveur et j'étais embarrassée.

    N'oubliez pas que tout le monde dit "ouais" en lieu de "oui" :) Désolée si mon français est difficile. Il faut qu'on, nous deux, le travaille!

    ReplyDelete