"Then let's look on the bright side: we're having an adventure. . . and most people live and die without being as lucky as we are"
-- The Princess Bride

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Rollout

I am pretty good at retail, I can sell affluent women and men lots of sweaters that they probably don't need, I might even have a chance to sell really expensive computer products to people soon! But I learned this past night that I hate rollouts.  A rollout is when new product comes into the store and sad little associate peons are scheduled to come in from 9pm to 1am to fold, stock, shelve, build, move, sort, refold, adjust, primp and otherwise futz with the entire store and it's stock.

I was pretty stoked.  An opportunity to hang out with my fun coworkers at night with no customers to impress!?! Starting the evening off right, I brought a mug of coffee and some gingerbread.  I should have brought a mug of coffee plus a flask of something stronger and a sandwich.  Never have I hated sweaters more.  Pants are no better!! WHY do they all need so much attention? Aren't they just going to be attacked and discarded by the public in the morning? After 5 hours of folding items and being told to change or move them I am very pleased to be done.

In any case, I am now comfortably in bed drinking a beer, petting the kitten, and creepily looking and Kris and wondering why he smells mildly of maple syrup.  I hope I didn't miss anything to do with maple syrup.  An icky rollout shift is one thing, but missing breakfast foods for it would be a completely different and totally unacceptable other thing.

Kitten got stuck in the leg of a pair of sweatpants, adorable and a little sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment