"Then let's look on the bright side: we're having an adventure. . . and most people live and die without being as lucky as we are"
-- The Princess Bride

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Orphan Thanksgiving

I have had a lot of firsts this year: first real apartment, first pet, first attempt to pay all my bills by myself, etc.  But this is a big one because it is the first time I will not be spending thanksgiving with any family.  Luckily, I am not alone in this crazy city and have been invited to an "Orphan's Thanksgiving Feast" at a friend of Bobby's.

I am waiting patiently for my oven timer to ding and in that time I will say a little more about today.  Not wanting to show up to my awesome hosts (who I have never met) house, I chose to make a berry crumble.  This is proving more difficult than originally anticipated.  Apparently, blenders can not double as food processors, who knew? Not me, obviously.  So I have hand smashed, crumbled, blended, whisked and smooshed all my ingredients into something that somewhat resembles the photo in my cook book.

But It should all turn out well! Because it's fruit and sugar and crumble top, so how could it be bad?  I am excited about this new way of approaching a holiday and can't wait for my inevitable food coma!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

blackberries, white raspberries, red raspberries, and strawberries.  I want to eat it all.

1 comment:

  1. Spending Thanksgiving Day with the Richards's was very nice, being able to join another family, one we're close to made not being closer to our real family a bit more tolerable. Looking forward to seeing you soon

    ReplyDelete