"Then let's look on the bright side: we're having an adventure. . . and most people live and die without being as lucky as we are"
-- The Princess Bride

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Funemployment!

Life is returning to normal after my weekend adventure to North Carolina to celebrate my daddy's bday.  After 4 days of partying, drinking, eating and generally having an awesome time it was somewhat refreshing to come home and not have to do anything!  Our friend Nik stayed at our place over the weekend so he could go see Outside Lands, a 3 day music festival over in the city, and he was in town until today so yesterday we got to have a little BBQ with him, Alyssa, and Kris' parents.

After lunch of champions (burgers and beers) we all took a nap and then went to do our own activities.  Kris headed to work, an awful 6pm-2am shift, Alyssa went to go meet a friend at a brewery on the other side of the bay, and Nik and I kept napping.  Around 8 we decided that dinner was in order and went over to a Sushi restaurant about a half mile away.  My favorite was the salmon sushi as usual, however, they added a twist! A little drop of wasabi in between the fish and the rice, so delicious and surprising.

This morning Nik and I parted ways and I went off to meet Bobby, a friend I met on Muni, for lunch at cheeseboard and after that I spent some time alone in my apartment for the first time in what seems like eternity.  I read 400 pages of a book, ate a cookie, and have big plans to fall asleep early and content.

Fear not though excited follower, for tomorrow I have brunch plans and a film to take in over in the city.  The funemployment lasts til next monday and I plan on filling every moment of it with excitement... or at least a lot of reading and naps!

No comments:

Post a Comment