"Then let's look on the bright side: we're having an adventure. . . and most people live and die without being as lucky as we are"
-- The Princess Bride

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hello San Francisco!

After a very busy two and a half days life in SF is settling down a little bit.  I packed my things and drove up from Santa Barbara on Thursday to hang out with Ellie and Alyssa, we went to Golden Gate park and took part in "nightlife" which apparently happens every week at the Academy of Sciences.  Giant T-rex, massive rainforest bubble, fish tanks as big as my apartment, needless to say I am a fan.

Friday was jam-packed with my first experience with the muni and BART and although I started out an hour and a half before my interview, the schedule was still a little tight.  Oakland was not nearly as scary as I had been led to believe, but after the three hour long testing process for the Temp agency I didn't really feel like wandering around anymore.  So I headed back to the city with my first job offering (4 hours on thursday!!!) and a delicious coffee from next door.

Back from my adventure in the East Bay, we headed to John's place where we saw a giant tree had fallen over in the park and was drawing a crowd.  I am going to have to get used to this kooky weather...


We partied at John's until the wee hours of the morning and had a kegger that rivaled some IV parties I have seen.  A window got broken by an anonymous butt, some random chick almost fell off the third floor fire escape, the keg was emptied and I slept on an ottoman.

So today was recovery.  Precious sleep til 9am followed by some amazing bittersweet chocolate ice cream and a trip to Duboce park to watch the puppies run around filled out the day, and now we are back in the Sunset.

Two days and I am already starting to feel closer to home.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your first days have been good. We can't always predict success based on a limited survey sample, but let's hope this one predicts a good future for you

    ReplyDelete