"Then let's look on the bright side: we're having an adventure. . . and most people live and die without being as lucky as we are"
-- The Princess Bride

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Blisters...

So because I am an idiot I forgot to bring any walking shoes for my SF Adventures.  This means all of my touring has been done in flats or boots... Not the brightest idea.  I got a couple blisters on my toes and decided to take it as a sign that I should solely wear the slippers I brought with me.

This plan has actually worked pretty well! The blisters are healing up, my feet are warm and comfortable, and I constantly feel at home (even while on the muni).

The only problem is that my once pink slippers are now greyish brown with some pink spots.  Lesson learned = don't forget tennis shoes, or only buy dark colored slippers!

As a side note, I went to Brown Owl today (as I have 9 out of the 10 days I have been here) and finally got my latte in a real cup. I sat in a little booth with coffee and a bagel and read my book for about an hour before realizing that tomorrow will be my last opportunity to do this with such ease!  I am excited to move to Berkeley, but will miss some of the places around Alyssa's apartment.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure you will quickly find a few "favorite" spots in Berkeley. It will make your first few days just like those in SF, full of the wonder of exploration

    ReplyDelete