"Then let's look on the bright side: we're having an adventure. . . and most people live and die without being as lucky as we are"
-- The Princess Bride

Friday, May 4, 2012

On Retail: A Rambling Post

Today a woman who I was helping at the Crew asked me what I wanted to do.  Or more clearly what kind of job I am ultimately looking for.  My response was that of absolute honesty, "I would really just like to have consistent hours and enough money to buy groceries. . ."

And for once, the person I was talking too actually agreed and said something along the lines of "golly, that does sound like a perfectly acceptable answer" but obviously with more words and much more compassion and understanding.  WHICH WAS SO COOL.

Because really, it gets a little dull knowing that everyone you help put in a dressing room internally thinks they are a bit better than you.  Not all the time, just occasionally, they don't hide it so well.  So when someone is legitimately interested in you as a person, and takes a minute to have a real conversation, it feels nice.

On an unrelated note, I need to go on some more adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment