"Then let's look on the bright side: we're having an adventure. . . and most people live and die without being as lucky as we are"
-- The Princess Bride

Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Ellis Baths

There now, doesn't that sound like a real location?

It is, and it is conveniently located in my apartment.  I have recently discovered the magic, no, the pure joy of baths.

I came into ownership of some Lush goods and figured I had to give them a try which meant taking the first bath I have had in what I think is around 18 years.

Let me tell you now that this post is going to get descriptive.  descriptively bubbly.

After finding a way to stop my tub from leaking (washcloth around the plug) and adding 2 doses of cherry calamine soothing bath stuff, I tumbled into my tub of temptingly tasty smelling bubbles (yeah, I ran out of appropriately bath-timey "t" words, what of it).  At first it was all "Oh I don't get it, whats so great about sitting in my own filth with some bubbles?"  And then, the magic happened.  I read some of my book, I drank some chocolate milk, I lounged.

The book reading and lounging led to a light nap, and for the first time in a while I felt really relaxed.  My back and feet stopped hurting from 8 hours walking around at work, my head stopped aching from constantly thinking about job-hunting, my body seemed to soak up the heat and where there was once pent up frustration and a little hunger I now only had fluffy happy feelings.

Kris then fed me, which always helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment